Tuesday, 19 July 2011

Stirling Castle



Two weekends ago, Howard's buddy from college came to visit us, so we all decided to take a trip to Stirling Castle. It's in Stirling, U.K, near the location where William Wallace and the Scots defeated the English infantry in 1297. This was unlike any other castle I have seen here so far. It was furnished and decorated, made to be an authentic reproduction of the original. It was very much like a fairy-tale castle. They even had actors, dressed up in clothes from those times (1500's), and Avery got to take her picture with "Mary Queen of Scots, Lady in Waiting." They also had interactive games for children including a dress-up room, but Avery and Audra were not interested in wearing those clothes. Avery said they were "too big" or "too ugly". I put on one of the dresses for laughs as you will see :). It was  such a beautiful castle, and the view was gorgeous overlooking the William Wallace monument. Here are a few pics I'd like to share from that day (excuse the ones with me in them, I was roughin it that day)....

Robert the Bruce

You can see the William Wallace monument behind us the background. This is also where the Battle of Stirling took place.

The girls with "Uncle Jess".
The girls and I are standing in the ballroom, you can see the thrones in the back.


Avery with "Mary Queen of Scots, Lady in Waiting."
Playing hide and seek in the Castle



Looking out one of the peep holes of the Castle wall.



Being silly...

No comments:

Post a Comment