Sunday, 4 December 2011

HOME SWEET HOME

 I can't believe we have been back in Texas for 4 months, and I'm just now updating our blog!! Yes, it is good to be home.:) However, I really enjoyed our last year in Scotland, and am glad that we were brave enough to accept the opportunity. We made some great friends, and saw so many interesting and beautiful things that we never would have seen otherwise.  It wasn't always easy, but overall it was such a neat experience. Here are some things I miss about Scotland:

our friends
beautiful scenery
the snow:)
free healthcare
Nando's
TGI Fridays at the beach
castles/history
indoor play areas

Here are some reasons why we are glad to be back:

Our parents/family
friends
BBQ and mexican food
drive thrus
the weather/being able to wear shorts
bigger roads and cars
being able to see a doctor and get antibiotics almost anytime you want
customer service
no more 13 hr trips!!! ( seriously, Howard and I lost about 5 yrs to our life every time we made that flight)

Anyway, I feel like so much has happened since we have been back. I admit, the transition home was not as smooth as we had hoped, but everything has worked out for the best. We are FINALLY getting settled into our new home. We are right down the street from my parents and our school, and we are so close to everything, which we love.We really liked living by the lake before, but got tired of the drive. I also love that we are walking distance from the elementary school the girls will be attending:). Overall, a great location for us. I think because the past 4 yrs have been so crazy (with two babies back to back and a move to Scotland), we feel the need to make things as simple as possible:).

I feel like I have taken so many pics over the last few months, so I'm just going to post a few from our last trip to Dunnotar castle, Halloween/Thanksgiving, and our new home.=). More pics from Audra's Minnie Mouse party to come!


Avery at her Thanksgiving celebration at school
Thanksgiving Day at Mimi and Poppy's house. Poor Avery was home sick:(
Doing some grocery shopping
Christmas tree at Market Street
Our new house! We want to take down the solar screens and fix the landscaping,
but overall really love it!
Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment