In light of the Royal Wedding this weekend and the temporary beautiful weather, we decided to head to Balmoral Castle this past weekend. This is the home of the Royal Family when they are visiting Scotland and what I learned to be Kate and Williams get-a-way while they were dating. They would often stay at the hunting lodge on the estate and invite her sister there as well.
It ended up being a more dreary day than we expected, but it was still pretty nice. We had a picnic on the lawn infront of the castle and watched the people participating in the 5K run by, including a couple of my friends here. The girls had fun being outside and they even got to see their friend Emma for a few minutes.:)
Howard and I took turns viewing the exhibition in the ballroom, because eventhough children were allowed I was not about to be the one whose child knocked over the cot Queen Victoria used for her children! haha. It is the only room that is open to the public, since the Queen does stay there...a couple times a year I think. It was very interesting. They had old china and linens, pictures of inside the castle dating back to the 1800's to present day. They also had a video of a the Queen doing an interview and several of her gowns, jewels and clothes on display. Very fascinating. After that, we went to the giftshop to get some souvenirs and snacks. By then, the girls were tired and so were we so we headed home. Luckily, home was only an hour and a half drive away. Overall, it was a great day and really neat experience!
On Easter Sunday, we went to Kippie Lodge with some friends for high tea and a visit from the Easter Bunny so I posted pics from that as well. I just love what the girls are wearing for Easter Sunday:)...
 |
| Avery isn't too happy in this picture, but I still thought it was a neat one with the Caslte in the background.:) |
 |
| Catching up with their friend, Emma. |
 |
| A quick picture of the Highlands on the way home... |
 |
| A quick potty break. Avery was potty trained in less than two weeks! So proud of her! |
 |
| Tea time! |
 |
| Is this tea over with yet? |
 |
| Playground at Kippie Lodge |
 |
| Posing with their friends, Trent and Landon. |
No comments:
Post a Comment