This past weekend we took a 1 1/2hr road trip to St. Andrews, the international home of golf! This was definitely on our Scotland bucket list while living here. I've been very excited to visit this place, especially since it's where Kate and William met ( I'm embarassed to admit that I'm a little obsessed with the whole thing):). Anyway, I wish we could have done a little bit more and the weather not have been so incredibly windy, but we were still able to see some really neat things, including the "old course", St. Andrews Castle and Cathedral, and where Kate and Will lived. We definitely want to make a trip back at some point, because on Sundays the old course is open to the public for play, picnics, etc. I think it would be really neat to get some pics of the girls playing on the course. Truly a once in a life time opportunity. Eventhough it's hard with two little girls, we are doing our very best to soak up every opportunity we can while we can!
Here are the pics from our weekend....
 |
| Playing infront of the Old Course |
 |
| Fairmont....the place where the notorious fahion show with Kate was held. |
 |
| Inside the Fairmont |
 |
| St. Andrews Cathedral...built around 1100 |
 |
| Some creepy coffins of the chruch members |
 |
| St. Andrews Castle |
 |
| Inside one of the rooms of the castle |
 |
| St. Salvadors....the dorm where Will and Kate lived their first year at college. |
 |
| Famous ice cream place Will used to eat at. |
 |
| St. Andrews Castle |
 |
| The flat Will and Kate lived in with two other friends. |
No comments:
Post a Comment